EconomyHot SheetTrending

2 Colo. counties rank high for income disparity

Author: Caitlin Hendee, 9News - August 7, 2018 - Updated: August 8, 2018

iStock-671080390-1280x719.jpg
A view of Telluride, seat of San Miguel County. (iStock/Getty Images)

Two Colorado counties are among 10 nationwide with the biggest gap between top incomes and others.

That’s according to a new report from the Economic Policy Institute, a Washington, D.C.-based think tank.

The report analyzes income inequality across 3,061 U.S. counties. It examines how the top 1 percent of earners and the remaining 99 percent fared during 2015, the latest data available.

The two Colorado counties in the top 10 for income disparity are Pitkin County, home of Aspen, and San Miguel County, home of Telluride.

> CLICK HERE for the full story from 9News, including income figures.

Caitlin Hendee, 9News

Caitlin Hendee, 9News