All politics is local; well, a whole lot of it is
Author: Dan Njegomir - November 1, 2016 - Updated: June 6, 2017
ColoradoPolitics.com’s Joey Bunch breaks down a host of local, pending ballot issues around the state, town-by-town, as voters enter the home stretch toward Election Day.
Among the questions on the menu:
- A recall election targeting five of the seven City Council members in Rocky Ford.
- Term limits for Boulder and Parachute city council members; currently, Boulder council members may stand for re-election an unlimited number of times.
- Also in Boulder—a 2-cent-per-ounce tax on sugary beverages. Hey, it’s Boulder, OK?
- Questions in Pueblo city and Pueblo County banning recreational marijuana sales, which currently is allowed in both places.
- Proposals in 18 municipalities across Colorado to let local governments provide local Internet broadband service.
Check out the entire slate of local ballot questions in Bunch’s full story.